Sunday, July 24, 2011

Alice and Dorothy find Their Guys, and Something Else Called …

Alice and Dorothy find Their Guys, and Something Else Called …
©2011 Marcus James Christian
m a r c u s u n l i m i t e d

* Alice is sitting center stage writing into her journal as Dorothy arrives. While background music of a certain theme is playing very lightly in the background.

Dor.    Alice? (Arriving with a rolled up document.)

Ali.    Hi, Dorothy. (Smiling as if keeping a secret.)

Dor.    Well, I got your message, and here I am. So, whats the... “big news” you mentioned in your letter.

Ali.    Dorothy …

Dor.     Yes, Alice?

Ali.     I met someone.

Dor.    Someone, as in … a guy?

Ali.    Yes Dorothy.

Dor.     Well, tell me about him. What’s his name?

Ali.    His name is Jack … Jack Rabbit.

Dor.    Oh, you mean the delivery guy? The one who owns Jack Rabbit deliveries? Wow.

Ali.    The same!

Both.    Oh! (Hugging, wiping quick tears of joy from eyes.)

Dor.    Alice, guess what?

Ali.    What Dorothy?

Dor.    I met a guy too.

Ali.    Wow, really! Who?

Dor.    He’s a hunter.

Ali.    Oh my gosh, weren’t you a vegetarian?

Dor.    Yeah, still am, but he hunts ... tornado’s.

Ali.    Wow, how perfect.

Dor.    Yeah, (sigh) I know!

♫ SONG: (Title that works from male or female perspective.)

(Music, slightly mysterious until finding resolution in Major key. Use 24 songs and aria’s sensibilities as well as pop.)

(Alice)        Look at me,
(Dorothy)    Look at you,
(Both)         we’ve been all around an epic world,

(Dorothy)    on adventures that made coming home …
(Both)        a little bland,
(Alice)        then something came along ...
(Both)        that made life grand,

(Both)        I think they call it love,
(Dorothy)    oh is that what they call it,
(Alice)        although I can not be certain,
(Both)        for I’ve never known it before,

(Dorothy)    Listen to me,
(Alice)        I hear you,
(Dorothy)    our hearts are singing,
(Alice)        as if we’re singing …
(Both)        to the world,

(Alice)        (+8va)    about a feeling so spectacular,
(Dorothy)    (+8va)    that it escapes all ~ known vernacular,
(Both)        yet somehow I think I know that feelings name...

(Alice)        I think they call it …
(Dorothy)    I think its known as …

(Both)        I’m certain it must be … Love!

* The girls hold hand and 360 a few times. Spotlight shrinks in a circular fashion, curtain’s descends.

Alice and Dorothy find Their Guys, and Something Else Called …
©2011 Marcus James Christian
m a r c u s u n l i m i t e d

No comments:

Post a Comment